This is a very useful article for the NEW teachers, even though it is in Chinese Language but it’s worth reading!
The article had listed 65 guidelines on classroom management. They are practical and achievable:
- Enter the class 3 minutes earlier to establish a good learning environment.
- Use 3 minutes to carry out an interesting and motivating set induction.
- Establish a rapport.
- Be enthusiastic.
- Be sincere and truthful.
- Know your audience.
- Respect your students and give them freedom of choice.
- Set rules and regulation, make sure you reinforce and KEEP the rules.
- Set expectation.
- Learn every student’s name.
- Prepare for the lesson.
- Keep calm and cool.
- Be friendly.
- Appreciate their performance…