If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail!
In order to optimize our time, effort and money spend on our video media production, they ought to be properly planned so that we may avoid over spent our budget and resource but in the end, we need to retake so many time without a satisfactory return!
- Stick to the ADDIE model before you start any media production.
- Prepare a storyboard to have an overview of what you expect to get at the end of the day.
- Engage a good production team that you can find pleasant and enjoyable to work with.
- Learn to use your tools and equipment.
- Start the recording and be flexible to face unexpected circumstances.
- Work on the editing process, review and improve on it.
- Utilize it effectively in your class.
Here’s the advice from Indy Mogul what you should bear in mind before starting to shoot your video:
(Well, you need the patience to LISTEN to a talking head!)
Mogul, Indy. (2013). 7 things to know about making short films!: FRIDAY 101.