EDU3053 Technology in teaching and learning is a three credit hour course which consists of 15 hours of lecture, 15 hours of tutorial and 30 hours of practical session.
This course discuses concepts, theories, practices and development of educational technology; selection, production, utilisation and evaluation of educational media; application of technical skills in using various instructional media; integration of information and communication technology in teaching and learning; management of educational media and resources.
Course Learning outcomes (CLO)
- Explain the concepts, theory, practice and development in educational technology.
- Produce a variety of teaching media that is approriate for subject content.
- Apply technical skills in operating a variety of media in the teaching and learning process.
- Integrate Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in teaching and learning.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the usage of media and educational resources with competency as well as with full responsibility.
Learners shall be able to:
- Understand the course content for Technology in Teaching and Learning.
- Apply and integrate Information and Communication Technology in teaching and learning
- Course work 60%
- Examination 40%
- You are required to read the note or handout BEFORE attending the lecture interaction. Kindly use the instruction in the ISL session as your guide for the preparation.
- You will have to form a group of 2-3 person to present your ISL topic in the tutorial session. The presentation takes up 20 minutes and leave 10-15 minutes for question and answer.
- All the practical sessions should be carried out and you will need to submit your product the following week.
- Take an active part in the Forum and contribute your ideas concerning the discussion topics.
- You will be given about one month to complete your assignment.
- Sit for the final examination.